Monday, October 3, 2016

Day 6 Continues: From The Beginning

Gosh I felt that I had finally arrived in Paradise on earth.
My home was gorgeous, the location was Fabulous!
I mean seriously it was walking distance to Rodeo Drive, The Grove, Sunset Blvd, Melrose etc.
The beach was like a 10 min drive.
Malibu was 40 min away.
Hiking trails galore just a short car ride away.
The neighbors were fabulous, my landlords were amazing.
One of my neighbors became one of my best friends and we remain friends to this day.
She is a successful realtor and lives in Bel Air now, in Bill Maher's old home.
She has always been an amazing friend.
I remember one time I had borrowed some money from her that she had put on her Amex for me for some furniture, and 1 week later I had the cash for her but she said: "just help me clean up the house (after one of her parties) and we are even." Wow! to this day I am grateful for her in my life.
I also remember a Halloween party at The Playboy Mansion, she had lent me her "I dream of Jeannie" costume to wear to the Mansion.
I kid you not there were 5 other "I dream of Jeannie's at the party.
My personal experience wasn't the greatest.
The whole reason that I got invited was because a girlfriend of mine was dating Hugh Hefner's best friend, so I was her plus one.
She left me behind pretty quick once we got inside.
I saw some celebrities, models and playboy bunnies.
I remember one famous model I recognized because she was originally from Holland as well, but I gotta say she looked very different in person.
Also there was a lot of drugs going around.
Me being from Holland, this was actually the first time that I saw cocaine.
I have never had the urge to try it.
Weird idea to me that you gotta sniff that stuff up your nose and/or even worse I would never ever entertain any recreational needle stuff.
Lots of drunk people and lots of barely naked ladies.
I felt totally out of place and pretty miserable so I called a cab and got out of there as fast as Speedy Gonzales.....
.......To Be Continued........

No comments:

Post a Comment