Monday, October 10, 2016

Day 13 continues: From The Beginning

NY life in the suburbs was great!
You know it's funny because I actually had on one of my vision boards a big house with a pool.
And that became true!
I do want to mention that you have to be very specific on a vision board because I did not clarify where I wanted the house with the pool.
What I mean by that is I got the house with the pool in NY and as you know NY has 4 seasons.
So winter time that pool was closed for business.
I grew up in Holland and I disliked winters with a passion.
I swore to myself I would never live in a cold climate again after I moved out of Holland into The US.
But of course I was madly in love, and Erik and I enjoyed getting to know each other.
Don't forget we only knew each other for like 10 days prior to me moving cross country to live with him.
Of course I still had my place in Beverly Hills.
A few months after moving in Erik proposed at the ice skating rink in Rockefeller Center.
My mother flew from Holland to be there for that special moment.
Not to long after this event we flew back to Beverly Hills to pack up all my stuff and drive my car and Saint Bernard and 2 cats back to NY and of course give up my home.
I remember Erik wasn't a big fan of my big dog and 2 cats but that was the package I came with.
Erik had 2 daughters out of his previous marriage and he owned his own business so that's why we couldn't start our life together in Beverly Hills.
But I gotta tell you, I missed Beverly Hills!
NY was great and all but the four seasons got to me eventually. (burrrrrr....way to cold!)
Also the suburbs are way different than the city. Some women after they get married, they kind of let themselves go, meaning there was no fashion for me to get inspired by,  I know I know that sounds so vain and shallow!
I don't mean it in a bad way but then again there is no other way to say it.
For me it's motivational and an inspiration if other women step up to their game and dress nicely or put themselves together in an fashionable way.
I am not saying put on a dress and high heels but just brush your hair, put some lipstick on and a clean pair of sweatpants that you did not sleep in.
.........To Be Continued......

No comments:

Post a Comment