Friday, January 6, 2017

Day 54: From The Beginning...Holland Trip

while my father and I were skyping with my cousin in Bulgaria, my dad was complaining that my cousin wasn't holding his camera/his phone steady, because it was all over the place and kind of shaky.
I told my father that maybe that was because his reception was bad or it was the first time for him.
You know little things like that my father can't relate to or understand.
I understand fully that there is a big generation gap and in my fathers time there were no computers etc.
But I do notice, that once a man/woman gets older in life, they are set in their ways and there is no compromise.
My dad ended our Skype session with my cousin pretty fast and we continued drinking some tea and chit chatted.
I don't know if I mentioned earlier but my father is 85 years young and getting real close to being deaf in both ears.
This is as you understand very hard with communicating.
Usually its just my father talking and I listen.
If I did say something and if he didn't like what I said, he would say: "I can't hear you"
To this day I don't know if that was really the case or that he was practicing "selective hearing".
The next day I went back to my mother's home.
Gosh, I felt I was mentally drained after visiting my dad.
Don't get me wrong, I love my father with a passion and I will always be there for him if/when he needs me.
But he never accepts any help.
I wanted to clean his house, which I did a little bit anyways but he didn't want me to do that.
I offered to go with him to the doctor to get a hearing aid, but he didn't want to go to the doctor and he didn't want a hearing aid.
I offered to help him get another housekeeper because his old one broke her hip and wasn't coming back.
I am sure we all go through life dealing with these issues at some point.
.....To Be Continued.....

No comments:

Post a Comment