Thursday, January 5, 2017

Day 53: From The Beginning ...Holland Trip

After my dad hung up the phone on my mom, I decided to call my sister and put her on speaker phone.
I don't know, I really think I needed support.
Talking to my father is hard sometimes because he used to be a doctor/professor/teacher and he is so used to being right or thinking that he's right.
But needless to say after a while my dad hung up the phone on my sister as well.
Also I should mention that my jet lag was kicking in and my tummy ache was getting worse and worse.
My dad is stubborn but I am too.
Guess where I got that from?
I ended up throwing up.
Sick as a dog, my dad took good care of me though, he got me water and a bucket to throw up in.
We ended our conversation and both went upstairs to sleep.
My father even got me a heating pad for my upset tummy.
The moral of the story is that even after arguing we both came out strong and bonded even more.
Yes there will always be family/relationship/friendship drama but that doesn't mean it's the end of the relationship.
The next day I was feeling a bit better and took a long hot bubble bath.
We sat around in the house and chit chatted.
When your parents are older there are not many outdoor activities you can do sadly.
We just sit on the couch and drink tea & coffee and make dinner together which is totally fine with me.
We skyped my cousin in Bulgaria who had just bought a villa with pool and was showing us around his new home.
.....To Be Continued.....

No comments:

Post a Comment