Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Meditation

I always thought Meditation was just for "whackadoodles."
But I was mistaken big time!
Finally I found an app called the 10% happier app on my phone through the app store.
This app is initiated by Dan Harris from Good Morning America and it's specifically designed for skeptics like me and many others.
It is so true that the best ideas come to you in silence.
When we stop running and we take time to sit still and just pause, miracles happen.
Also the fact that guided mediations are so helpful with just our daily routine and our relationships/friendships.
I was always very busy with pretty much doing nothing.
Kind of like running around with my head cut off.
But not much productivity came out of it.
I started looking into time management techniques and so many different ways to get more useful things done.
I finally got to the bottom of my lifelong dilemma.
Meditation, especially when it's done in the morning after waking up, sets the pace for the day.
It really centers you and makes you less of a jerk/biotch.
Because it makes you reflect and go deeper within.
Before losing your cool, it makes you count to 10.
It makes you think twice before you verbally attack another person.
If another can easily anger you, it is because you are off balance with yourself.
We must create sacred time for ourselves to access the deepest, highest, wisest parts of ourselves.
When you can't control what's happening, challenge yourself to control the way you respond to what's happening. That's where your power is!
At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what's happening.
Instead of thinking about solving your whole life, you just think about adding additional good things.
One at a time. Just let your pile of good things grow.
Go with the flow!
To Be Continued.....

No comments:

Post a Comment