Friday, February 10, 2017

Day 85: Leaders

Leader = an individual with the capacity to consistently succeed in a given condition and be viewed as meeting the expectations of an organization or society.
"Leaders are recognized by their capacity for caring for others, clear communication, and a commitment to persist."
So, one of my girlfriends the other day thanked me for being a great leader and setting up and organizing my meet up group The Fit & Fabulous ladies.
I never really saw myself as a leader but I would like to be.
I'm reading a lot on leadership daily and I am practicing my skills daily.
I know there are different kind of leaders.
I just asked my hubby while I'm writing this blog, if he sees me as a leader and he said no.
I said: "why not?" he said, because you are too nice.
Yeah I do like the fact that my hubby and others say I am nice.
That's also what I said to my friend who sees me as a leader.
She said the same thing what I always thought.
There are different kind of leaders.
There are leaders who lead and pull people along with them.
There are also leaders who lead people by walking behind them and helping them up.
The most powerful leadership tool you have is your own personal example.
And make sure to go the extra mile because nobody else will.
Leaders think and talk about the solutions.
Followers think and talk about the problems.
Life is not a competition, life is about helping and inspiring others, so we can each reach our potential.
And if you hire people just because you want them to do a job, they will just work for your money.
But if you hire people who believe what you believe, they will work for you with blood, sweat and tears.
Always staying positive even in a negative situation is also key.
This is not naive, but this is leadership.
And one positive thought in the morning can change your entire day.
To Be Continued.......

No comments:

Post a Comment