Friday, February 3, 2017

Day 78: Dendrophile

Dendrophile.
This is someone who loves trees, forests.
Yesterday one of my girlfriends on Facebook posted a question on her wall, asking her friends to post the 9th picture from their phone as a fun thread to get people together and communicating.
So I went through my phone and posted a selfie of mine kissing a tree.
She responded by saying: "Anna I figured you would post a picture of you in nature."
That's when I realized yes I am super happy in nature and as long as I have the daily opportunity to do so, I'm happy.
This also made me look up the definition of a Tree Hugger.
A Tree Hugger is a term for environmentalists.
An environmentalist broadly supports the goals of the environmental movement, a political and ethical movement that seeks to improve and protect the quality of the natural environment through changes to environmentally harmful human activities. An environmentalist is engaged in or believes in the philosophy of environmentalism.
Environmentalists are sometimes referred to using informal or derogatory terms such as "greenie" and "tree-hugger"
You know it's funny because I am/was always one of these people who was making fun of them.
Why?
I really don't know.
I think out of ignorance.
But I realize now that I get my greatest and deepest joy out of being outside in nature.
So maybe deep down inside I am a Tree Hugger.
And you know what? There is nothing wrong with that.
Oh and did you know that every single tree supplies oxygen for up to 4 people per day?
A little known fact for you is that nature makes your heart gentle.
You become one with it....
No place for greed or anger there.
Imagine if Trees gave off WIFI Signals, we would be planting so many trees, and we would probably save The Planet too.
Too bad they only produce The Oxygen We Breathe.
.....To Be Continued.....

No comments:

Post a Comment