Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Day 42: From the beginning...

Now we were driving from Beverly Hills to Carlsbad (San Diego county), this was the perfect way to chat and get to know each other better.
I remember getting a text from one of my girlfriends Nina, she just wanted me to confirm that I was okay because she knew that John would pick me up that day for our first date.
She had warned me that I was taking a risk by getting in his car and not knowing where he would take me.
Yes of course she was so right.
Better safe than sorry.
We all hear and see horror stories on the news.
I have always followed my gut and trusted my instincts.
I was sharing my thoughts with John after I received Nina's text and he said, 'lets entertain this a bit and text Nina back and tell her that you are tied up in the trunk."
I did, and Nina replied, but wait how come you can still text while you are tied up in the trunk?"
I replied that he forgot to take my phone from me.
Now looking back I realize this wasn't so funny to her, as it was to us.
She texted me that she was going to call the cops.
Quickly I assured her that I was just kidding and I was perfectly safe and John was a true Southern Gentleman.
Nina, got mad at me and didn't talk to me for a while.
I totally understand her response and apologized to her.
Now we are all good again.

We arrived in Carlsbad and went for dinner to John's favorite restaurant Benihana.
Our whole first date just felt so natural and kind of like we knew each other all of our lives.
It really is true that when you meet your soulmate, you just know.
It's like a truck hits you head on.
It just feels natural and you can be yourself.
So, let me tell you how our first date ended.
....To Be Continued......

No comments:

Post a Comment